The following is a series of posts I wrote for Zondervan on a company blog. It’s a series of posts on the publishing process. I post something new in this series every Friday. I’ll keep this list updated as new posts are published.
- Dreaming up new books at a publishing house – This post is about how my publishing team has intentionally built time into our schedule to dream and brainstorm new books. This is very early in the process for most books.
- What’s a galley copy? – This is about one of the early stages in the editing process, when books are still being edited as a Word document.
- What’s a book endorsement? And how are book endorsements gathered? – This post describes how I acquire endorsements for book jackets and web pages. (Side note: Here’s a post about the process of writing a cover letter and emails within the endorsement process.)
- What’s an advanced reader copy? – This post is about a phase in the publishing process after initial edits and page designs are done. This phase also begins the publicity campaign for an author.
- What books do publishers read? – A short list of the books that have helped my publishing team create better books.
- Stay tuned for more…as I said I’ll update this list every Friday.