I haven’t blogged in a few weeks. That’s not how I like it, but it’s been a busy few weeks! Here’s my writing update and a general update on other goings on that have kept me from the blog:
- I’ve continued to work on the goblin project. I’ve not finished as much as I’ve liked, probably 500 to 800 words since my last update, but a little is better than nothing, right? ;-) I don’t know the exact word count as I’ve been writing it in a spiral bound notebook.
- I’ve been writing in my journal more frequently. Like most people my journal writing comes and goes in waves. I’m in a wave of journal writing right now. I’ve just got a lot to say to myself, I guess. ;-) Seriously, I’ve found that writing in my journal does two great things for me: 1) it helps me process what I experience in a more complete way; 2) it provides creative kindling for later writing. Give it a try some time. Journal for a few months, then, go back and read what you wrote on a day when you feel like you’ve got nothing to write. Your journal entries will spur on new ideas.
- We just held the Breathe Christian Writers Conference. I’m a part of the Breathe Planning Committee. It’s an annual Christian Writers Conference held in west Michigan. I’ll be blogging more about it here in the coming weeks. I also wrote this post a few months back. This year I served as an MC and helped do some of the online marketing. It was fun, it was tiring, it was something I hope to do again. More to come on that…
- I’ve been blogging frequently on the Breathe Christian Writers Conference Blog. Part of my role on the committee is to help maintain this blog. It’s been a lot of fun.
- I’ve been blogging everyday for Zondervan on the Engaging Church Blog. Maintaining this blog is part of my role at work. If you are involved in church ministry – as a volunteer, or as paid staff – this blog is for you.
- I attended the Catalyst Conference for Zondervan. You can see my IPhone Pics Report here.
Have you been writing? What’s your update?